We're supporting one the the UKs most highly regarded international animal welfare charities in the search for a dynamic and experienced finance business partner to partner with the international programmes. You will act as the trusted advisor to the Director of Programmes by leading on effective financial planning and reporting and control as well as donor reporting/compliance and grant management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on medium and long term financial planning process for country and UK programmes
- The coordination, collection and consolidation of financial information from Country Programmes to produce insightful management reports to aid strategic decision making
- Working with country programmes to develop budgets and multiyear plans in line with organisation strategy
- Working closely with international finance team and senior stakeholders in country programmes to implement/update policies, procedures and systems
- Supporting project management of year end processes for country programmes and provide support for internal and external audit
- Working with country teams to build capacity including delivering training and coaching to both finance and non-finance staff
- Developing and implementing financial processes to ensure effective consolidation of financial information and management reporting
- Provide expert grant financial management to programmes
- Develop and implement finance procedures in-line with organisation’s global strategy.
- Provide full project life-cycle support to country programmes, regional teams and the donor teams on budget and proposal development, project initiation, project management and project close.
- Identifying and mitigating operational and financial risk
The ideal candidate will have significant experience within an iNGO, across financial and management accounts. You will be a fully CCAB qualified accountant with demonstrated knowledge of restricted funding and donor reporting/compliance. You will ideally have experience business partnering with colleagues internationally.
You will be part of a close knit, supportive and collaborative team. You will receive a generous holiday and pension allowance, along with flexible working policies, you will also get the opportunity to travel to the country programmes a few times per year. If you want to be part of this amazing charity that seek to improve the welfare of the animals and the communities who rely on them and have the required skills and experience, please apply today!