Altum Consulting are partnering with a world leading sports organisation to secure a key hire in their Finance Business Partnering team.
Overview of the role:
- To deliver all the appropriate financial support to The Group
- Ensure the business has all the financial information it requires to manage budgets during the year, helping to drive future financial plans, support the business in making financial decisions and produce business cases for projects/initiatives
Key responsibilities will include:
- To develop and maintain strong working relationship with budget holders and senior management and be seen as the first line of support to the business on financial matters.
- To interpret and analyse financial and non-financial information, alongside KPIs as part of management reporting
- To provide monthly management information to budget holders, senior management and Boards in accordance with Group timetable and presentation format as required
- To work with the business to produce robust financial forecasts (P&L and cash over various periods) and annual / project budgets that support group strategic requirements in line with the Group timetable
- Provide commercially orientated financial support to budget holders, department heads, SMT and Head of FP&A including support to help them deliver on financial objectives
- To prepare and provide ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis in response to requests from the business including Heads of departments, Senior Management Team, and various Boards as well as contributions to Board papers Supporting the implementation and improvement of financial controls with and by the business including compliance with purchase order process and performance of contract reviews.
- To provide support to the internal and external audit processes including funding bodies as appropriate.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet the group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience of financial forecasting, report writing and commercial support
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- A bright and enquiring personality with a strong desire to be involved with and influence the business
- An ambitious individual with an interest in building a career in finance/sport
- Hard working and robust to be able to deal with the multiple demands put on you in a high energy commercial role
- Post- or part-qualified experience within a fast moving industry, such as events.