Altum are pleased to partner with a nationally recognised and prestigious Retail brand to find them an External Reporting Accountant. Based in Central London and reporting in to the Head of Group Reporting, the role offers excellent career trajectory and opportunity for growth.
The External Reporting Accountant will work within the Group Finance team reporting to the External Reporting Manager assisting in the delivery of all reporting.
- Production of primary statements and disclosure notes for half year interim accounts and annual report. Coordinating and delivering the work required to established and accurate standards.
- Providing assistance with the production of annual audited subsidiary statutory accounts.
- Responsible for monthly consolidation postings, balance sheet and cashflow statement preparation and review.
- Partner report deliverables with key members of the remainder finance function including supply chain, project finance and FP&A.
- Preparation of the consolidated Group cashflow and Group reserves roll forward, be confident in communicating cashflow forecasts to internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing auditor relationships on deliverables and issues arising during the statutory reporting process, along with internal auditors.
- Be a subject matter expert for queries on financial reporting and provision of technical accounting knowledge across the Financial Reporting teams.
- Delivery of accurate reporting within the reporting timelines ensuring compliance with group policies.
- Fully qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA with post qualification experience (either within practice or industry). Relevant experience such as fast growth, retail and consumer, tech/online is preferable.
- Good understanding of internal controls and finance business processes
- Drive and ambition to challenge convention and to make difference in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- You’ll be a real team player and enjoy collaborating with others whilst also being able to work autonomously, taking ownership of tasks from start to finish
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to build meaningful relationships with people of all levels across the entire business
- Highly organised and consistent in delivering on strict reporting deadlines