Altum are working with one of London's top housing associations to recruit a Debt Recovery Officer to be based in their Kent office. The contract would initially be on a 3 month basis with a view to making the role permanent. The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience in a similar role and will have a logical, problem solving and proactive approach, demonstrating self-reliance, resilience, confidence and initiative.
- Managing your own portfolio of accounts, ensuring within your customers there is a reduction of arrears, cash collection performance is maximised and bad debt minimised, using all available communication methods.
- Independently working to provide the effective account resolution of high level arrears and tenancy issue related cases in a timely manner and to a clearly defined standard
- Representing Income Management to other internal stakeholders creating effective professional relationships
- Liaising with a range of internal and external agencies to resolve debt management issues
- Taking legal action to recover debt as appropriate in line with policy and expected timings including the management of legal cases
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions and communication contacts with each resident
- Excellent business ethic with the ability to respond positively to challenges
- Able to work on own initiative and to meet agreed targets by prioritising and utilising your excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- IT literate and able to quickly acquire knowledge of web-based applications
- Experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment with a performance driven work ethic
If you have experience in a similar role and are looking for a move to a forward thinking, community driven business then please apply today!