Currently working with an international oil and gas company engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of unconventional oil and gas assets. They are looking for a corporate accountant to join their professional team in Amsterdam.
The Corporate Accountant will work in close co-ordination with Country Office and Amsterdam Office to manage the day-to-day operational requirement including finance, tax and legal compliance of the Company in Netherlands.
- Preparation and finalisation of Consolidated Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements as per Dutch GAAP and Ind-AS in close coordination with the auditors and as per timelines specified by Shareholders from time to time.
- Processing of invoices received from vendors and services providers and obtaining approvals, liaison with the suppliers about invoices and monitoring payments.
- Posting of receipts, payments and general entries and maintenance of data in Accounting Package for Corporate Office.
- Preparation of Quarterly and Annual VAT returns of Company as per Dutch law.
- Assist in Treasury Functions with preparation of cash forecasts and investment of funds as per the Corporate Governance Principles laid down by the Company. Maintaining excel sheet from Bank Statements for the company and maintaining office files, records and bank statements; etc.
- Budget preparation and monitoring in co-ordination with Country Office.
- Monitoring of sales invoice for receipts including Letter of Credit in co-ordination with Country Office and Marketing Team.
- Preparation of necessary information and reports and co-ordination with Tax Consultant for finalisation of Corporate Income Tax Returns at Netherlands.
- Preparation of various management information reports in co-ordination with Country Office for Shareholders and for regulatory authorities (such as DNB returns) at Netherlands within the prescribed timelines as per requirement.
- Compliance: Keeping contact with Banks, legal counsels, tax consultants for legalization of document and other incidental work; bank signatories changing, updating Bank KYC document and related activities.
- Co-ordinate with Country Office to arrange for all the required corporate approvals and or compliances as per Dutch law.
- Any other job as assigned from time to time.
Qualification and experience:
- Applicant should have a Master's degree or equivalent professional qualifications in accounting and finance area with 5+ years of practical experience.
- Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Dutch language is an additional advantage.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills.
- Experience as a user of accounting software packages (such as Exact) is an additional advantage.
- Initially for one year and will be extended based on performance.