practice area: change-and-transformation
salary: £50,000.00 - £54,000.00 per annum
сonsultant: Georgia Bradley
date posted: 05/02/2024
Role: People Change Manager
Salary: £54,000 benefits
Contract : permanent
Location: Hybrid (London), 2 days a week in the office
Full or part-time
Altum Consulting are partnering a leading and iconic UK charity to find them an experienced and impactful Change Manager. The charity has embarked on a significant journey to deliver transformation improvements in ways of working to enable it to be responsive to its environment and focused on delivering an exceptional employee, volunteer and member experience, in meaningful and effective ways.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a people and culture focused Change Manager, providing a breadth of opportunity and autonomy as they support the Head of Transformation in delivering successful change.
* Work with the Transformation team to design and deliver the end-to-end change management strategy for programmes and projects. Lead on strategies for engaging people in embedding new ways of working on policies, processes and services (systems). Advise on activities to embed changes within the organisation.
* Assess the readiness for change of all stakeholders and impacted audiences. Undertake change management assessments that inform the management of people and behavioural change throughout the life of programmes and projects. Anticipate resistance and develop plans to overcome/minimise people risks and issues and capacity.
* Lead on the development of change and engagement plans to support our people across all projects/workstreams. The role involves advising on best practice, communicating a clear \'case for change\', change impact assessments and stakeholder mapping.
* Develop and deliver stakeholder engagement strategies and plans, and to manage the design and implementation of communications and training plans to support the embedding of changes and new ways of working across the organisation.
* Collaborate with Communications, create a persuasive case for change, producing communication and engagement materials and owning communications to stakeholders. This will include working with the wider programme team to deliver workshops, toolkits, intranet content (including video), surveys and broadcast across different communication channels and campaigns. Ensure all materials align to wider messages and brand.
* Influence decision-making at all levels in supporting change management processes including recommendations on system and process changes.
* Create a framework for monitoring adoption of new ways of working, and provide regular progress reports to business leaders, making recommendations to address risks and issues.
* As a cross-functional change agent across the organisation, work closely with the Heads of Strategy, Transformation, HR and Digital to align priorities.
* Work with Heads of Service to ensure the alignment of teams, roles, responsibilities, and processes across the organisation enabling new ways of working.
* Identify training and development requirements and co-create solutions with HR and volunteer L&D teams. Design, source and facilitate relevant learning programmes to include formal, informal, and experiential learning approaches which empowers employees and volunteers to adopt new ways of working.
* Represent the end user throughout and understand their experience as an employee/ volunteer. Assist in the provision of transition support to a sustainable business as usual environment.
* Develop and promote a positive team culture, motivating and supporting colleagues and establishing effective business partnering and collaboration across the organisation.
Skills and experience
* Ability to build & manage complex stakeholder relationships positively and influence and negotiate effectively with a variety of staff, volunteers and external partners
* Excellent verbal communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills to a variety of audiences
* Ability to coach and work collaboratively with colleagues
* Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Experience of Leading design and delivery of significant change projects that optimise the benefits of the change in terms of both the workforce and organisation.
* Using business acumen to inform organisational change
* Managing projects with a focus on culture and behaviours to tight deadlines with high levels of cross-organisational collaboration.
* Developing training, guidance and resources to deliver business change readiness and embed systems that demonstrably improve ways of working
* A relevant qualification or equivalent experience as a change specialist leading and delivering operational organisational change
* Extensive knowledge of change management processes, techniques and tools to achieve transformation project outcomes
* A practical understanding of diversity and inclusion at work
Please note, a minimum of one evening/weekend working every month plus one visit every two months to other locations will be required for which time off in lieu will be given.
If you are an influential, driven, and ambitious People Change Manager, this could be the role for you.
Finance Manager - MedTech
FP&A Analyst - BioTech
Principal Consultant - Energy
Finance Director - Life Sciences
Financial Accountant - Life Sciences
Senior Procurement Consultant
FDD Associate Director - Leeds
Workplace Strategy & Change Senior Consultant