Altum Consulting are currently supporting one of our most prestigious clients, FTSE 500 US listed organisation based in Amsterdam, to source an experienced and ambitious Business Controller.
This is a newly created position working within a specialist business unit of the matrixed organisation, making it a very exciting and niche opportunity within the company.
Reporting in to the Finance Director of the division, you will be working in an autonomous role playing a key role as sparring partner to the Commercial teams across Europe.
You will be responsible for:-
- Financial reporting, analysis and planning process providing crucial business insights on performance to senior management
- Work closely with various stakeholders externally and internally within the business including Leadership teams, Commercial heads (Sales and Marketing) and finance and FP&A teams
- Influencing and challenging decision makers on strategy and performance related tasks
- Performing month-end activities;- budget preparation and strategy planning
- Providing daily and monthly sales reporting
- Analysis of gross margin, pricing variances, KPI tracking, product trends, competitor performance
- Producing management pack information
- Identifying risks and opportunities
- Developing businesses cases and working closely with Commercial Teams to increase initiatives
- Set up and track sales performances, commission structures and KPI's
Education and Experience Requirements
- Educated with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or a Master’s degree is a huge advantage
- 5-7 years worth of experience working within a Business Controlling environment ideally within a large matrixed organisation
- Experience of working with Commercial Team (Sales & Marketing)
- Fluency in the English language. Any other European language is desirable
- Sound working knowledge of various IT tools including:- COGNOS, Power BI, Danube, Oracle systems, and HFM knowledge is a big plus
- A professional qualification (e.g. ACA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA or FP&A) is preferred
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the business
- Able to work autonomously and prioritize your workload
- Advanced analytical skills able to produce and create robust reports
- Capable of communicating financial information effectively to non-financially minded stakeholders
My client is offering €65-70k p/a + excellent bonus and benefits for this exciting opportunity. This will be an excellent position for someone who has proven experience of working within both start-up and matrixed environment and wants to have a direct impact on key decision making.
To apply, please send an updated CV to:- firstname.lastname@example.org