Altum Consulting are currently supporting one of our most prestigious clients based in Amsterdam, to source an experienced and ambitious Business Controller.
This is a newly created position making it a very exciting and niche opportunity within the company.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director of the division, you will be working as part of the Business Controlling team within their Head Quarters playing a key role as sparring partner to cross-functional teams in the business.
You will be responsible for:-
- Financial reporting, analysis and planning process providing crucial business insights on performance to senior management
- Work closely with various stakeholders externally and internally within the business including HR, IT, Sales, M&A and Finance
- Influencing and challenging decision makers on strategy and performance related tasks
- Performing month-end activities;- budget preparation and strategy planning
- Providing daily and monthly sales reporting
- Analysis of gross margin, pricing variances, KPI tracking, product trends, competitor performance
- Producing management pack information
- Identifying risks and opportunities
- Developing businesses cases and working closely with teams to increase initiatives
- Set up and track sales performances, commission structures and KPI's
Education and Experience Requirements
- Educated with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or a Master’s degree is a huge advantage
- 5-7 years worth of experience working within a Business Controlling role
- Fluency in the English language. Any other European language is desirable
- Sound working knowledge of various IT tools including BI tools
- Advanced Exce skills (macros, pivot tables and Vlookups)
- A professional qualification (e.g. ACA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA or FP&A) is preferred
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to influence senior stakeholders across the business
- Able to work autonomously and prioritize your workload
- Advanced analytical skills able to produce and create robust reports
- Capable of communicating financial information effectively to non-financially minded stakeholders
My client is offering €65-70k p/a + excellent bonus and benefits for this exciting opportunity. This will be an excellent position for someone who has proven experience of working within both start-up and matrixed environment and wants to have a direct impact on key decision making.
To apply, please send an updated CV to:- firstname.lastname@example.org