Are you a part qualified/finalist accountant passionate about helping and empowering communities in developing countries?
We’re supporting a well known iNGO in the search for an ambitious and dynamic Assistant Financial Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to build on your technical accounting knowledge in an international setting, whilst working to eliminate poverty for good.
Responsibilities will include;
- Producing statutory accounts for international subsidiaries in accordance with SORP
- Maintaining an accurate balance sheet, ensuring regular reconciliations and strong controls
- Maintaining and update the fixed asset register and record monthly depreciation
- Reconciling all intercompany accounts
- Reviewing income and expenditure on a monthly basis, to ensure accurate and complete for internal reporting and analysis
- Producing monthly management reports for all subsidiaries and support with monthly reporting
- Producing the annual financial statements subsidiaries and contributions to the consolidated accounts
- Ensuring all current and future tax regulations are adhered too
- Co-ordinating the completion of year end processes for subsidiaries
- Acting as a main contact for the external auditors
The ideal candidate will be a part qualified/finalist level CCAB accountant with solid experience in technical accounting including exposure to financial statements. You will be a strong communicator, with the ability to work with colleagues internationally. Ideally you will have experience in the charity/non-profit sector however applications from commercial or audit candidates seeking to enter the world of international development, are also very welcome.
In return you’ll work in a passionate and collaborative team, with generous benefits including 29 days holidays and flexible working/working from home. There is opportunity to develop within this role and longer term to progress, and potentially travel overseas.
We are interviewing as and when we receive suitable applications, so please apply ASAP if interesting in hearing more.