Altum Consulting have partnered up with a leading global real estate business based in Central London, and supporting them with their recruitment needs. The business is going through high levels of growth and change in the current market and looking for an Assistant Finance Controller to join them on an initial 18month FTC contract. This is an urgent requirement and I can only consider candidates that are immediately available or on a very short notice period, with VAT experience.
The successful candidate will be used to business partnering with both internal and external stakeholders, ideally including outsourced service providers and consultants. Having a keen eye for detail and a desire to improve processes is critical to the success of the role. Consequently, it will require an ambitious and driven individual to deliver on the regular reporting requirements.
- Co-ordinate with Finance Managers to receive draft VAT returns (from our outsourced provider) on a timely basis ready for review, for all countries.
- Co-ordinate the internal approval process and settlement of VAT liabilities to ensure submissions and payments are made on time
- Responsibility to ensure all VAT payments are accurately coded
- Completing a transactional level review on all draft VAT returns
- Escalating transactional problems to the VAT team / Finance Managers as appropriate and processing the necessary accounting adjustments
- Completion of VAT reconciliations for all UK entities and ensure all SOX control compliance requirements are met
- Responsible for ensuring the accounting and disclosure of VAT assets, liabilities and payments is correct at month and quarter ends
- Running regular transactional reviews to minimise errors on the VAT returns
- Support the UK group audit process
- Support the preparation and review of SFS in the UK
- Support the CIT (Corporation Tax) computation process that is owned by the in-house Tax department by creating automated disclosure schedules where possible and answering questions on the data as required
- Support the provision of intercompany balance confirmations under local overseas audit requirements
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional working environment:
- A part-qualified ACA / ACCA accountant with relevant experience in industry
- Qualified by experience with a degree in Finance & Accounting or other applicable subject
- Qualified accounting technician with relevant experience in industry